Is Anderson Lock a licensed locksmith company?
Yes, our State of Illinois Locksmith License number is: 0192-000117
Our employees carry P.E.R.C. cards (Permanent Employee Registration Card) issued by the State of Illinois IDFPR (Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation) which states that its mission is:
- To protect the residents of Illinois,
- To ensure the safety and soundness of financial institutions,
- To ensure that competent professionals are licensed to provide services to the public, and,
- To enhance commerce in the state for the benefit of all its residents.
Does Anderson Lock do car lockouts?
No. We are a commercial / institutional / industrial lock sales and service provider, with a Door Division that supplies commercial wood and metal doors and frames.
Why did a ‘big box’ salesperson recommend that I go to Anderson Lock?
- We stock a huge inventory of the best quality mechanical and electronic security hardware at our main sales and service location in Des Plaines. In addition, we have great buying programs with all leading manufacturers. Knowledgeable lock techs assist with ordering to assure that you get the correct finish and function for your locks, and the best security solutions for your doors.
- Commercial wood and hollow metal doors are stacked high in the immense warehouse at our Door Division. Since 1960 Anderson Lock has served the Chicago area as a reliable source for security door hardware.
- Anderson Lock’s Hardware Sales Representatives and Project Managers are knowledgeable about total opening security solutions, and about building, fire and life safety codes.
What is a high security lock?
High security locks are designed to provide a greater level of protection against primary methods of attack by providing additional resistance to manipulation, destructive attacks, breaching, and off-site key duplication. Patented high security locks prevent unauthorized copying of keys. Only approved service providers, like Anderson Lock, can duplicate patented keys, and only for previously authorized persons. Additionally, for an added layer of security, patented keys come with unique angle cuts that require special cutting machines only available at authorized dealers.